Life provided some nice little blessings today--and perhaps this tells you more about who I am based on how I order them:
1) My mom and I went out shopping today around lunch. Needless to say, bad idea. I was starving. We almost went out for all you can eat Chinese food (buffet city), but I'm of the personal belief that no one should eat all they "can" eat. So, before heading home we decided to stop off at my mom's office (she's a Realtor), as she reminded me that because I bought our home through their full-service real estate company, I was entitled to her broker's Notary Public service. This was such a blessing because it's expensive and a hassel to get it done elsewhere--and I need to send off some forms to my investment company. Well, while we were waiting for her broker to get out of a meeting, we were offered Panera Bread's bagels w/ cream cheese and the most delicious lemon tea. Free bagels? Free notary? Who couldn't love that?
2) While shopping at the Gap, I saw a sweater I had just purchased the day before at another store $14 cheaper. The line at the checkout was really long, and I almost put the sweater back, but at the register the associate gave me the difference, even though the same color (but different size) was still ringing up the original price. Woohoo! What a blessing. I saved enough to pick up another long sleeved T. It's sweet!
3) You know you're a foodie when someone makes you dinner and all you can think about while you're eating it is how good their knife technique is! My best girlfriend in the whole world, K, brought me some homemade soup yesterday so I wouldn't have to cook and cleanup while my husband was working late. It was delicious of course--she took Giada de Laurentis' minestrone recipe and made it even more fabulous. And with each bite I took I marveled at her perfectly diced carrots and cubed potatoes. I heart her cooking.
4) My dad and step mom sent money for Rosh Hashanah. What a blessing! My dad spent our formative years as a Presbyterian minister, but ever since finding out we had great grandparents who were "ethnically" Jewish, he's been drawn into the customs of Messianic Judaism. Aptly he married a Messianic Jewish woman, and I love the new customs and traditions they celebrate that honor our Jewish brethen and heritage and yet acknowlege Yeshua as the Messiah and 2nd part of the trinity, fulfilling the prophetic and beautiful Old Testament account of the foundations of humanity. Anyways, all that to say that it was a nice gift...and thank Hashem for the New Year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sounds like a great day!! And, um, think you can email me some soup?? That sounds fantastic!!
i'm so excited you have a blog!!
love ya girl!
Post a Comment