Saturday, October 25, 2008

Free Hannah!

Hubby and I tuned in to my favorite show last night (I love all news/journalism shows), ABC's 20/20. Their first story of the night was about mother Hannah Overton being convicted of capital murder for failing to seek immediate medical attention in the death of the son she was adopting through Texas' foster to adopt program. Her son died of salt poisoning, and as the doctors adequately explained, the chid had a pica addiction & likely horded & ingested toxic amounts of salt after his mother's car accident (she had while pregnant). I could not believe it when they said she was convicted and sentenced to LIFE in prison without parole! They are a wonderful Christian couple, and the entire case can be explained completely, casting plenty of reasonable doubt.

Please join me in praying that Hannah's new trial will be granted and that her conviction will be overturned. I know they are accepting donations on their website: Freehannah.com, but mostly prayers and emails of encouragement are best. If she is truly innocent, may the Lord move His hand and grant her justice!!

2 comments:

Meridith said...

OH NO!!! I didn't see this, but I will be praying...

Anonymous said...

I DID see this and thought the whole think HORRENDOUS! I've been praying too, that is so horrible. ANYONE can make a huge mistake like that in such a difficult situation! Those jurors seemed pretty clear that they didn't know what the judge was REALLY asking them to do...